All Our Different Castor Wheel Materials
Before selecting a wheel it is important to determine if the wheel material is compatible with the chemical environmental conditions, the temperature and humidity, all of which effect the wheels operation.
Wheels are available in a large variety of materials all of which are suitable for different environments and working condition. Basic Principles applied: The Harder a Wheel Tread the Easier the wheel will move and the less resistance to start motion. The Strongest wheel are Steel Wheels which will carry the highest loads and with-standard the worst condition however they will damage floors and be noisy.
1. Nylon Castor Wheels: The cheapest solution for a standard wheel, however liable to skid if obstructed buy small objects on the floor.
2. Polyurethane Tyred Castor Wheels with Nylon Centres: These are a good all round wheel, they carry good loads, will not mark or damage floors.
3. Grey Rubber Castor Wheels with Nylon Centres: These offer a non marking light weight solution general material handling application.
4. Grey Rubber Tyred Steel Centre Castor Wheels: These offer a non marking light weight solution general material handling application the steel centre enables the wheel to handle higher shock impact loads.
5. Aluminium Centre Black Elastic Rubber Tyred Castor Wheels: The elastic rubber enables with wheel to carry high weight loads whilst the Aluminium centre will dissipate the heat from the bore with greater ease.
6. Black Rubber Tyre Steel Castor Wheels: These offer a light weight solution general material handling application the steel centre enables the wheel to handle higher shock impact loads.
7. Blue Elastic Rubber Castor Wheels: This is a non marking elastic rubber which improves the load rating of the wheel.
8. Cast Iron Centre Polyurethane tyred Castor Wheels: This is the most common wheel used in heavy duty applications the polyurethane offer high load capacity and the cast iron core with Ball Bearing bore offers a robust core to handle the loads.
9. Cast Iron Castor Wheels: These are very strong wheels which work well in hard condition where some temperature could be involved for example powered coaters
10. High Temperature Resin Castor Wheels: A perfect solution where the wheels need to with standard high temperatures for periods of time most commonly found in Bakeries.
11. Aluminium Centre Polyurethane Tyred Castor Wheels: This is the most company wheel used in heavy duty applications the polyurethane offer high load capacity and the Aluminium core will dissipate the heat build up better, this wheel offers a lighter unit weight compared to the cast iron core. Important if you forward applications via couriers.
12. Pneumatic Tyred Castor Wheels: This is a great solution if your application needs to work over rough terrain.
13. Solid Rubber Castor Wheels: These are standard Trolley wheels used in many applications offer reasonable weight loads and large wheel diameters.